We are happy to offer many different classes to individuals who attend Wheststone Industries.
- Safety – Safety class is designed to help people become aware of personal and community safety issues and gain knowledge to make choices that keep them safe.
- Looking Good – The purpose of Looking Good is to inform individuals regarding hygiene and teach them skills to improve personal appearance.
- Cooking/Nutrition - Cooking/Nutrition class teaches participants cooking skills and provides nutritional information.
- Circle of Friends – Circle of Friends is aimed at helping people learn about social relationships and develop skills that are appropriate in the workplace vs. home vs. community.
- Arts and Crafts – Arts and Crafts class is designed to develop the creative interests of participants and give them an opportunity to explore various art forms.
- Let’s Get Moving – Participants in the Let’s Get Moving class are involved in activities that get them moving and exercising in a fun way based on their ability.
- Money Matters – This class teaches individual skills to effectively use and manage money, including understanding the value and use of money and developing skills needed to budget their resources.
- Project Stir - Project Stir provides individuals with the tools to advocate for themselves, mobilize others in advocacy and gain leadership experience.
- Citizenship – The purpose of Citizenship class is to inform individuals regarding local civil issues.
- Sensory Activities – This class helps people become comfortable with different types of sensory stimulation while learning how to process different types of information.
- Animal Matters – The purpose of animal matters is to expose individuals to a variety of animals and teach them the skills and resources needed to effectively care for those animals.