Our mission is to cultivate a dynamic community where people can make meaningful contributions and lead fulfilling lives
We believe that persons with developmental disabilities have talents and skills that if recognized and developed, will allow them to be contributing members of the community.
We further believe that the programs which best assist individuals with developmental disabilities in securing a full life, are those which are: independence producing (both economically and personally); placed or implemented in the actual locations and environments where community and life activities regularly occur; accepting of personal choice and the natural consequences of those choices.
Finally, we believe that individuals (program staff, family members, etc.) who assist those with developmental disabilities to reach their fullest potential, are those who: hold reasonably high expectations for them; plan programming in ways that demonstrate a recognition of their individuality, freedom of choice, and right to self-determination; maintain knowledge of current (and past) best practices of the profession; evaluate their efforts regularly to assure program focus and direction.
We will support individuals with developmental disabilities throughout their lives by:
- Embracing individuality and personal choice
- Developing community opportunities
- Fostering relationships
As staff we will:
- Ensure that health and well-being comes first.
- Be good stewards of the public’s trust and money.
- Do our job to the best of our ability and value those who do it differently.
- Imagine new possibilities and strive to be better.
- Own our actions and behave ethically.
- Promote our valuable mission with others throughout the county.