Cultivate a dynamic community where people can make meaningful contributions and lead fulfilling lives.
- People with developmental disabilities have talents and skills that if recognized and developed, will allow them to be contributing members of a community.
- Programs which best assist individuals with developmental disabilities in securing a full life, are independence producing (economically and personally); placed or implemented in the actual locations and environments where community and life activities regularly occur; accepting of personal choice and the natural consequences of those choices.
- Individuals who assist those with developmental disabilities to reach their fullest potential, are those who: hold reasonably high expectations for them; plan programming in ways that demonstrate a recognition of individuality, freedom of choice, and right to self-determination; maintain knowledge of best practices of the profession; evaluate their efforts regularly to assure program focus and direction.
We will support individuals with developmental disabilities throughout their lives by:
- Embracing individuality and personal choice
- Developing community opportunities
- Fostering relationships
As staff we will:
- Ensure that health and well-being come first.
- Be good stewards of the public’s trust and money.
- Do our job to the best of our ability and value those who do it differently.
- Imagine new possibilities and strive to be better.
- Own our actions and behave ethically.
- Promote our valuable mission with others throughout the county.
(Morrow County Board of Developmental Disabilities)
MCBDD Board Meeting
August 25, 2020 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The August Board Meeting of the Morrow County Board of DD will be held virtually in accordance with current state guidelines due to the Coronavirus pandemic. If you would like to join the meeting, please contact Lyndsey Keesee at 419-947-1159 to obtain the connection information. Thank you!
MCBDD Board Meeting
September 22, 2020 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Morrow County Board of Disabilities (Whetstone Center) 406 Bank Street, Mount Gilead, OH 43338